Start by answering the question, “What am I selling?”
You need to first:
- Learn everything you can about your product and/or service.
- What does it do
- How does it function
- What problem does it solve
- Use it (read back issues, take a demo, see how easy it really is, check out the competition).
- Talk to current or past buyers, subscribers, donors and/or members
- Talk with telesales, service, tech-support reps
- Analyze: why and how is this going to help me? What problem is it going to solve?
Project into the mind of the user what the experience will be like with your product!
The importance of Benefits….
The more you talk about how your company, product or service will improve the life of your customer (“you” copy), the higher the response.
The more you talk about the company, the product, the service (“we” copy), the lower the response.